Monday, October 10, 2011

On being creative.

Even though it feels like summer outside and the temperature has risen up to +85F today, only a few days ago it was raining and cold. I was watching movies and making jewelry, which is one of my go-to hobbies on quiet cool nights like that.

The first necklace was made of what used to be a pair of earrings. I was so in love with them, than when of them was lost during a trip to the Caribbean, I decided to give it another life, this time as a charm. I added a few branches of coral and a sliced shell and here's the result.


    

This one I made out of some coral pieces I bought at a local store, a strand of beads I found during my trip to Nepal a few years ago and a pendant bought at a local market in Hon-Kong. Don't you just love it when things come together like this?
  
  

I love displaying my jewelry, so I constantly look for new creative ways to store it. Martini glass is my latest invention. At the moment it's filled with bracelets I have been wearing lately, but I think I'm going to fill it with my cocktail rings next week.


   


No comments:

Post a Comment